CSIRO Exploration & Mining, Australia
CSIRO is Australia’s national science agency; one of the largest of its kind in the world. CSIRO conducts research in the fields of agribusiness, energy and transport, environment and natural resources, health, information technology, telecommunications, manufacturing and mineral resources.
CSIRO Exploration and Mining works to ensure the continued prosperity of the resource industry.
- Reduce rework caused by design errors and poor design concept communication
- Increase design detail to optimise fit and function
- Eliminate expensive and time consuming prototypes
- Productivity doubled
- Scientists able to focus on innovation
- Intuitive interface leads to considerably more refined designs
- Eliminated rework and design errors
- Improved communication with clients
- Much better collaboration of design concepts
“By using SolidWorks we were able to visualise the concept and virtually prototype on the screen, we then went straight to CNC manufacture, eliminating the need for drawings and drastically reducing the time taken to complete the project.”